March 15, 2013 – Taste of Art Workshop Weekend
An opportunity for anyone to develop their creative abilities with hand on interactive classes led by 10 experienced Cambridge artists; photography, painting, textiles, writing, pottery, polymer jewelry, felting, hat making and batik. Each class lasts 2 1/2 hours, registration required.
9am – 5:30pm
- Creating a Felted Vessel – Instructor Mary Wallace
- Woodfired Bakers – Instructor Mark Skudlarek
- Beginning Flameworking – Instructor Cindy Parmer
- Everyday Creativity – Instructor Kristin Stockwell
- Beginning Silk Painting – Instructor Sydney Krieger
- Knitting in Circles – Instructor Karen Anderson
- Freehand Embroidery over Watercolor – Instructor Helen Beck
- My Personal Beautiful Beads – Instructor Loretta Duam Byrne
- The Story Only You Can Tell – Instructor John Lehman
- The Art of Photograpny – Instructor Grace Leonard
- Faces in the Clay – Instructor Ric Lamore
- Hat Tricks – Instructor Simone Mausser
Registration and display of workshop items at Camrock Cafe & Sport
Cambridge – 217 West Main St
Cambridge Arts Council – (608)423-3780
March 16, 2013 – Humane Society of Jefferson County Rabies Clinic
All rabies vaccinations will be good for one year unless a rabies certificate is provided as proof of a prior rabies vaccination. (Rabies tags CANNOT be accepted.) Cats must be contained in carriers and dogs must be on leash. Accepted methods of payment are cash or check to be made on the day of the event (no pre-pay). Sponsored by: Waterloo Veterinary Clinic
1pm – 3pm
Jefferson – 503 North Jackson Avenue – www.hsjc-wis.com
March 16, 2013 – Winter Wine Fest and Craft Show
8th annual wine fest/craft show. 16 Wisconsin wineries for tastings, meet the wine masters and enjoy. Also a retail wine booth with special prices for the day. Great food, music and 60 crafters with creations from furniture, yard art, oil paintings, jewelry, photography, pictures, wearable art clothing, The Nut Man, dips, and many more creations. This event is sponsored by Calico Cottage~Rock River Winery and Watertown Kiwanis….Top the day off with homemade ice cream….
Jefferson – 503 North Jackson Ave – (920) 261-9460
March 16,k 2013 – History Workshop
History Workshop: How to Care for Your Photographs & Paper Documents. Participate in this workshop to learn how best to treat your important photos and documents: what to do and what not to do. Bring photos and documents along and ask questions about how to treat problems. Museum-quality archival storage materials will be available for purchase in the museum’s bookshop.
Fort Atkinson – 401 Whitewater Avenue
March 17, 2013 – Johnson Creek Historical Society Easter Egg Display
Seasonal items will be displayed and demonstrations will be given on different techniques for dyeing eggs.
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Johnson Creek – 110 Aztalan St.