July weekends at Jellystone Park of Fort Atkinson are made for fun!
- July 6-8 – Fairy Tale Weekend – Everyone loves a good fairy tale! Join us this weekend and bring your favorite fairy tale costume and get ready for some fun games! Enter the “Best Costume” contest, have fun with the Foam Machine, enjoy some arts & crafts and play some Fairy Tale games! There will be a dance Saturday night with a glow parade to follow. Make sure to book your sites early!
- July 13-15 – Christmas in July –
Ho Ho Ho! Everyone here at Jellystone Park is getting into the Christmas spirit, even Yogi Bear! Bring the kids to the Lodge to meet Santa and take pictures. We will make Christmas decorations, bring out the Water War Wagon and plan lots of Christmas activities. Be sure to get there in time for the special Tree Lighting Ceremony with Yogi Bear. Bring your best Christmas spirit, because there will be site and golf cart decorating Saturday!
- July 20-22 – Masquerade Mystery Weekend –
We will be celebrating all weekend with purple, gold and green! Have fun during the day by creating your own Masquerade Mask! Then join us on the Hey Hey Ride showing off your creation. This is always one of our more popular weekends, so make sure you book your sites early!
- July 27-29 – Luau Weekend –
Hana Hou (Hawaiian phrase for Encore). Considering its enormous popularity, it should be no surprise that Luau weekend returns to Jellystone Park. Say Aloha to our popular hula skirt making activities, the hula hoop contest, site and golf cart decorating contests, Pineapple Bowling, Water Wars and lot of “hang-ten fun” on the giant Slip-N-Slide. Saturday evening ends with our annual luau dance and limbo contest. Dress code is Hawaiian Casual, so don’t forget the grass skirts, coconut bras, leis and those beautiful shirts. This is one weekend to “Hang Loose!”
Jellystone Park of Fort Atkinson
N551 Wishing Well Lane
Camping at Jefferson County Parks
It’s that time of year, it’s time to go camping! Did you know that you can tent camp and enjoy the star filled skies along with the sights and sounds of nature so close to home? Jefferson County Parks has two parks that provide this opportunity for you.
Dorothy Carnes East
Property address: N3299 Banker Road, Fort Atkinson
Carnes east has two primitive walk-in camp sites that are waiting for you. The park offers 513 acres on which to explore a multitude of habitats ranging from tall grass prairies to hard wood forests and more than 10 miles of trails provide for recreational opportunities for users of all abilities.
Property address: N8625 Jefferson Road, Watertown, WI 53094
Cappie’s Landing, located on the Rock River just south of Watertown, provides two primitive walk-in camping opportunities. The two primitive camping sites are open for walk-in camping only. Laws restrict total campers to a maximum of six persons per site. NO MORE THAN NINE TOTAL CAMPERS will be allowed at one time.
Stop by the Jefferson County Parks Department to make your reservations today.
Each of the campsites contains the following amenities:
- One picnic table
- Primitive seating
- Fire ring with grill
- Food hang
- Vault toilet
- Level area for tent placement
- Campsites are $20 a night for each site.
- Seasonal reservations can be made for May 1st – October 31st of each year.
- Off season reservations made by special permit through the parks department office.
- Reservations can be made starting January 1st of the calendar year you plan to camp.
- All reservations must be made at least one week (7-days) in advance of desired check in date.
- Payment is required at the time of reservation.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of your scheduled reservation will result in forfeit of your fee.