8:00 a.m. Farmers Market
- Paul Wiegel, street poet, will write poems for you while you wait. Come early!
- Sidewalk chalk Poetry, “What six words describe your life?”
10:00 a.m. Dwight Foster Public Library – Community Room
- “Wall Words in Fort Atkinson” Program for everyone starts at 10:00 a.m.
Guest poet, Anji Kokan’s energy is infectious! She will help us celebrate the poem on the new Poetry Wall you will be seeing every time you cross Main Street and Sherman Avenue! Find out who wrote it and why it was written. Find out why the Poetry Wall words will mean something to you. We will be fooling with words! Refreshments will be served. Share your poems at the Poetry Wall Dedication at 1:00 p.m.
- Lorine Niedecker Exhibit upstairs in the Jones Gallery Friday, July 27 through Friday, August 3 during library hours.
1:00 Poetry Wall Dedication
- Thank you to funders, building owner, artist. Poetry Readings.
1:15 Community Picture in front of the new Poetry wall
1:20 – 2:30 Wall Words Continues at the Poetry Corner and Belmont Bar parking lot
- Picnic Table #1 Blackout Poetry
- Picnic Table #2 Fooling With Words
*What six words describe your life? *What kind of a Solitary Plover are you?
- Table #3 Additional space for writers to sit
- Table #4 Sidewalk Chalk Poetry Headquarters – Get chalk, find a square.
- Paul Wiegel, Street Poet, creates poems while you wait. He will have his typewriter & card table.
After 3:00 – Island Bar and Grill, Blackhawk Island for anyone who wants to continue the day.