Jefferson County is full of sledding, snowshoeing, skating, skiing, snow-biking fun! See below for a list of opportunities in Jefferson County communities.
- West Side Park, 300 W Water St, Cambridge (with bathroom facilities) weather permitting.
- West Side Park & Camrock Park 3 ( 2334 Highland Dr,, Cambridge)
Cross Country Skiing:
- Camrock County Trail has beautifully groomed cross country skiing trails
- At the base of Dead Man’s Hill (East Ogden St. at the base of the Water tower)
- Dead Man’s Hill (East Ogden St. at the top of the hill up from the ice rink)
- Water Tower Hill (by Walmart – South Main St)
- Lake Mills has ice skating in commons park with public bathrooms. The ice rink is open all the time as it is lighted, however, it is bring your own skates.
- Korth County Park. Park at Upper Korth!
- Korth County Park has great cross-country skiing and from there the Glacial Drumlin Trail is easily accessible.
- The Lake Mills Rec Department does snowshoe rentals. Address: 322B North Main St. Lake Mills, WI 53551
- Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Phone: 920-648-8035
Sledding: Firemen’s Park
- West Side Hills overlooking Baseball field next to pavilion
- West Side Hill along Lum Avenue
- East Side Hill by outdoor bathrooms
**All Parking is in the natural parking lot to the north of the Park Pavilion**
Waterloo Regional Trailhead
- Green Space behind WRT includes a large rink for hockey and games and a smaller rink for family skating
- Silver Creek Pond (North Water Street) – NEW WARMING HOUSE IN 2022
- Warming House available for rent for private parties!
- Watertown High School ( 825 Endeavour Dr)
- Riverside Middle School (131 Hall Street)
- Interurban Trail (trailhead located at Humboldt and Clark Streets) Trail is allowed, but ungroomed
Ice Skate Rentals:
- Watertown Public Library for all Jefferson/Waukesha County Bridges Library System cardholders
- Watertown Park & Rec Dept.
Ice Skating: There is an ice skating rink in Big Brick Park
- Park & Rec announces when it opens during the season – the link is their Facebook page
- Trippe Lake Park on “Killer Hill”
- Sleds available to use in the “Little Free Sled Shed”
Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, & Fat-Tire Bike Trails:
- Kettle Moraine Nordic & John Muir Trails – County Road H.
- Skates, snowshoes, cross-country skis available at Quiet Hut Sports by appointment – limited supply.