The ice is melting, the lakes are alive and just as we were planning our spring outdoor adventures, the impossible happened. Who would have thought, just a few weeks ago, that we would be asked to stay away from our friends, our favorite restaurants and gathering places? Luckily, in Jefferson County, we have wide open spaces, fields, forests, ponds, lakes, streams & trails to explore!
Enjoy our Lakes, Streams & ponds:
- Most of our Jefferson County communities have beautiful, clean lakes including:
- We have rushing rivers and streams running through our towns.
- The Crawfish River which runs from Jefferson through our small towns of Aztalan & Milford
- The Rock River which runs from Fort Atkinson north to Watertown
- Dorothy Carnes County Park where you can encounter a Turtle Effigy mound as you hike the trails.
- Aztalan State Park with its ancient effigy mounds will blow your mind.
- Glacial Drumlin State Trail which runs from Cottage Grove through Jefferson County to Waukesha is perfect for bikers from amateur to athlete!
- CamRock County Park with the Koshkonong Creek meandering through Cambridge & Rockdale and has some of the best mountain biking trails in the area.
- Korth Park has a gorgeous view of Rock Lake in Lake Mills
What type of trail are you looking for?
So Many Parks:
- Altpeter Park
- Burnt Village Park
- Cappie’s Landing
- *Carlin Weld Park
- *Cold Spring Creamery Park
- Crawfish River Park
- *Dorothy Carnes Park
- Dr. J.S. Garman Nature Preserve
- Indian Mounds Park
- Jefferson County Dog Park
- Joy Park
- *Kanow Park
- *Korth Park
- *Pohlmann Park
- *Rock Lake Park Upper
- *Rock Lake Park Lower
- *Rock River Park
- *Rome Pond Park
- *Waterloo Regional Trailhead
- *Welcome Travelers Park
Pick up a picnic from one of our local restaurants doing curbside delivery and spend some time in our parks. In a few months, we’ll meet you there.