It’s that time of year again! The holiday season is certainly here. From Christmas music playing in the stores to the small dustings of snow that we’re getting, we’re reminded once again it’s time TO SHOP! And what better way to cross off everyone on your holiday shopping list than to visit the many retail opportunities in Jefferson County on BLACK FRIDAY!
Here’s a list of things happening around the county. Know of anything else? Post a comment and let us know!
Saturday is Small Business Saturday in Cambridge. Spend the day on the festive streets of Cambridge in our unique specialty clothing stores, offering one of a kind finds and some of your favorite brands including Pandora beads and bracelets, browse our new antique stores and enjoy breakfast or lunch at one of the local eateries. The community has come together to encourage residents to spend the day in their local community and to enjoy special savings through out the day. Small Business Saturday specials are being offered at:
- Back Door Gifts, including promotions on Pandora and Spartina Handbags.
- The Garment Shop with 25% off all Clothing and an additional $10 off a $50 purchase
- Rowe Pottery is offering 25% off Storewide on in stock first quality pottery
- Hearthside Fibers Trunk Show and door prizes all day at Kaleidoscope Fibers
- Binghams Buy and Sell has a free gift with any $5 purchase.
Celebrate the rich history of specialty retail in Cambridge by helping to make Small Business Saturday the biggest shopping day of the year!
- A FIRESIDE CHRISTMAS is in full swing at The Fireside through December 21st. The Thanksgiving Day performance is sold out but we have matinees on Tuesday and Wednesday (11/26 and 27) then again this weekend (11/30 and 12/1) and beyond. The gift shops are open from 4–9pm during the Fish Fry service.
- The Jefferson County Fair Park has a few events going on over the holiday weekend.
- Nov. 28 — Gobble Wobble 5K Run
- Nov. 30 — Antique Auction
- Dec. 8 — Flea Market
- Dec. 13 — Gun Show
- The Council for the Performing Arts has a Bundle Offer for Thanksgiving – Purchase one ticket to each of the final three shows of the 2013-14 season for $70. Offer expires December 20th, 2013. Call 920-674-2179 for details. View their playlist via youtube below:
- Don’t miss the biggest sale of the year! Johnson Creek Premium Outlets is hosting the After-Thanksgiving Weekend Sale featuring Midnight Madness. Enjoy exceptional holiday savings and extended shopping hours, plus, experience Midnight Madness as stores open their doors at midnight right after Thanksgiving ends. Plan Ahead! Select stores open as early as 8pm on Thu, Nov 28 Thanksgiving Day. Visit their website to view a list of stores opening early plus holiday shopping hours and a Deal of the Day Calendar.
- Holiday shopping kicks it off BIG in Lake Mills on Plaid Friday. Oh – you’ve never heard of Plaid Friday? Well, you may have heard of Black Friday – and the smaller stores have begun to coin this major shopping day as Plaid Friday instead. The shops and restaurants in Lake Mills are filled with specials on Plaid Friday!
- Small Business Saturday, November 30, is another big shopping day in Lake Mills. Many of the stores are having “tax-free” specials. You buy, and they will cover your tax! Be sure to ask at the check-out if the business you are purchasing from is participating in this special! You will also find other great specials throughout the Lake Mills shopping district. Check out the specials at Legendary Holiday Shopping in Lake Mills – Newspaper Insert 11×17 Fold
- Watertown is hosting the Run Turkey Run 5k run on Thursday November 28 beginning at 9:00 am.
- On November 30, the Salvation Army Brat Fry and Horse Drawn Wagon rides are at Glenn’s Market from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Also on November 30, the Holiday Parade of Lights begins at 5:30 pm in downtown Watertown.
- On December 1, the 20th Annual Holiday Parade of Homes is happening from 1:00 to 5:00 pm. Tickets are available in local businesses and at the homes on the day of the tour.