Welcome and thank you for your interest in joining the Jefferson County Tourism Council (JCTC). Formed in 1997, our mission is to be the premier source of tourism information in Jefferson County and to support the image of Jefferson County as a great place to play, work, and live.
Our communities include:
- Fort Atkinson
- Johnson Creek
- Lake Mills
- Additional Towns & Hamlets
Our members include:
- Tourism Directors
- Chamber Directors and Representatives
- Business Owners
- Arts Organization Representatives
- Jefferson County Representatives, including from County Parks and Jefferson County Fair Park
Our Current 20-21 Executive Board:
- President, Katie Newcomb, Director of Tourism & Communications, Village of Johnson Creek
- Vice President, Robin Kaufmann, Tourism Manager, Watertown Area Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer, Janet Werner, Jefferson Gemuetlichkeit Days
- Secretary, Carol Sapienza, Village of Cambridge Tourism Volunteer
We meet on the first Tuesday of the month from 11am to 12:30 pm. While our meetings are currently virtual, our in-person meetings take place in the Community Room in the Activity Center of Jefferson County Fair Park. We have a central Jefferson County Visitor Center located in the Activity Center as well, which houses the Official JCTC Guide as well was brochures from participating communities and businesses.
- Creation & Distribution of Jefferson County Official Guide (40,000 distribution, printing, ads, design)
- Website https://enjoyjeffersoncounty.com/
- Monthly Newsletter
- Social Media Platforms
- Weekly Blog Posts
- Creation of the seasonal Top 5 Things to Do in Jefferson County marketing piece
- Networking and sharing at our monthly meetings
- Membership Outreach
- Researching Grant Opportunities
- Speaker Opportunities
- Attend Wisconsin State Fair and other events throughout the year to promote Jefferson County Tourism.
What do our members do?
- Attend Monthly meetings held on the first Tuesday of every month -Voting members must attend at least nine (9) JCTC meetings per fiscal year to obtain and/or retain voting privileges.
- Enter community’s events on the website calendar by the 15th of every month and double check existing events on the website for accuracy and current information.
- Keep organizations’ “place page” on the website up to date. Make changes as necessary and add/change/delete photos as they become obsolete.
- Distribute our guides and keep the distribution list updated religiously via enjoyjeffersoncounty.com/distribution
- Submit content for Facebook posts & Instagram, etc. to the Social Media committee or Post directly to the JCTC Facebook
- Provide text and photos for the printed guide and website.
- Present other opportunities where we could partner with other communities.
- Recommend speakers for meetings for continuing education (tourism, marketing, social media, etc.).
- Add community events to the Wisconsin Department of Tourism/Travel Wisconsin