April 24, 2014 – June 8, 2014 – Fiddler on the Roof
Arguably the greatest musical ever written and certainly one of the most popular shows in Fireside history, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF makes a triumphant return to the Fireside stage for this very special anniversary season. This classic show held the title as Broadway’s longest running musical for over twenty years, winning nine Tony Awards including Best Musical. Tens of millions of people worldwide have fallen in love with Tevye, the long suffering dairyman who struggles to find a balance between his traditions and his family. It is a heart-warming story featuring one of Broadway’s most beautiful musical scores. FIDDLER ON THE ROOF opened on Broadway the same year that The Fireside first opened its doors and to celebrate this dual anniversary, back by popular demand, Artistic Director Ed Flesch will return to the leading role with which he has long been associated. You won’t want to miss this Fireside “Tradition!”
Seven shows weekly Wednesday through Sunday
Fort Atkinson – The Fireside Dinner Theatre, 1131 Janesville Avenue
April 25-26, 2014 – Vintage Shop Hop
Grab your friends. Hit the road. Shop hard. Over 80 vintage shop owners are rolling out the red carpet for you! Get out your map and decide where you want to spend the weekend on April 25 & 26 – there are so many choices!
Legendary Antiques, Simple Life Country Store and Another Round Antiques, all in Jefferson County, will be participating.
More Information can be found here – Vintage Shop Hop (Facebook)
I-43/Rt. 12 Corridor, WI (Clinton/Walworth/Delevan/Whitewater)
- – Apple Butter House, Whitewater, WI R-Little Store, Walworth, WI
- – Everything Homespun, Delevan, WI
- – A & P Junque, Clinton, WI
- – Box Cars Bar, Clinton, WI
- – Clinton Kitchen, Clinton, WI
- – Copper Falls, Clinton, WI
- – Smoke House Antiques, Clinton, WI
- – Sundown Cafe, Clinton, WI
I-90/Hwy. 151 Madison, WI Corridor:
– South & Main, Dalton, WI
– The Petal Patch, McFarland, WI
– Krazy K Antiques, McFarland, WI- Red Barn Company Store, Waunakee, WI
– Pardeeville Antique Mall, Pardeeville, WI
– The Mercantile, Portage, WI
– Re-Create (inside Twisted Sisters), Beaver Dam, WI
– Twisted Sisters, Beaver Dam, WI
– Waterloo Antique Mall, Waterloo, WI
I-90 & Rt. 26 Crossroads, WI
– Another Round Antiques & Consignments LLC, Jefferson, WI
– Legendary Antiques, Jefferson, WI
– Simple Life Country Store, Ft. Atkinson, WI
– BlackByrd Primitives, Milton, WI
– Timeless Consignment, Milton, WI
– Goodrich Hall Antiques & Goodrich House Antiques, Milton, WI
– Charming B’s Coffee, Milton, WI
– Red Rooster, Milton, WI
– Revamped Vintage, Janesville, WI
– Best of Janesville, Janesville, WI
– Oak Village Garden Center, Janesville, WI
– Cooksville Country Store, Cooksville, WI
– Glitter and Grunge, Stoughton, WI
– Best of Brodhead, Brodhead, WI
– Debbie Jean’s Framing & Whimsical Treasures, Brodhead, WI
– Harvest Moon, Brodhead, WI
– Chicken Coop Collectibles, Brodhead, WI
Stateline/Hwy. 251 Corridor
(Rockton/Roscoe/Rockford/South Beloit/Beloit, WI)
– Tillymints, Rockton, IL
– Rubies n Rust, Rockton, IL
– Front Porch Mercantile, Rockton, IL
– Primitive n Proper, Machesney Park, IL
– Just a Second, Rockford, IL
– Oddly Enough, Rockford, IL
– Salvaged by Sonya, Rockford, IL
– Petals & Pickin’s, Rockford, IL
– Lallygag Boutique, Rockford, IL
– For the Love of Chic, Rockford, IL
– Vintage Zone, Rockford, IL
– Quilters Haven, Rockford, IL
– Vintage Bliss, Beloit, WI
– Annabelle’s, Beloit, WI
– Roscoe Antiques Mall, South Beloit, IL
– Primberry Antiques, South Beloit, IL
– Village Loft inside Angela’s Attic, South Beloit, IL
Rt. 173/Boone County, IL
– Rags to Vintage, Poplar Grove, IL
– Second Hand Rose, Poplar Grove, IL
– Twigs and Twine, Poplar Grove, IL
– Boberosa Barnworks, Capron, IL
NW Corridor (Stephenson & Carroll counties/Freeport):
– Napa Valley Salvage, Freeport, IL
– Whimsy Burd, Freeport, IL
– This is It Eatery, Freeport, IL
– 9 East Coffee, Freeport, IL
– Pickers Place, Eleroy, IL
– The Empty Attic, Rock City, IL
– Dabluz, Mt. Carroll, IL
NW Suburbs, IL/Rt. 14
– Tattered Tiques, Lake Barrington, IL
– Colonial Antique Mall, Woodstock, IL
– Lucky Junk, Arlington Heights, IL
Rt. 38 Corridor (DeKalb/Sycamore/Maple Park/Elburn, IL)
– Soaring Heart Vintage, Elburn, IL
– Sweet Blessings, Rochelle, IL
– Harvest Lane Vintage, Maple Park, IL
– Josies, Maple Park, IL
– Moxie, DeKalb, IL
– Lavish Thrift, DeKalb, IL
– Cracker Jax, DeKalb, IL
– Roadhouse Antiques, Creston, IL
Fox River/Rt. 31
(Elgin/St. Charles/Batavia/Geneva/Aurora/Sandwich, IL)
– re-lux, Geneva, IL
– Courtney’s Gifts, Geneva, IL
– America’s Treasures, Furniture & Gifts, Geneva, IL
– Past and Present, North Aurora, IL
– Salvaged Heart Vintage Wares, Batavia, IL
– 715 Vintage, Batavia, IL
– Farmers Daughter, Sandwich, IL
– DuPage County, IL
– Vintage-Fresh, Downers Grove, IL
– Antiques of Winfield, Winfield, IL
– LaLa Vintage (inside Antiques of Winfield), Winfield, IL
April 25-27, 2014 – 37th Annual Spring/Fall Jefferson Auto Swap Meet & Car Show
Here is your chance to attend two of the Midwest’s largest auto swap meets and car shows!
The Madison Classics will be holding their 37th Annual Spring & Fall Jefferson Swap Meet and Car Shows right in Jefferson, WI!! Spring Jefferson is April 25-27, 2014 and Fall Jefferson is September 26-28, 2014.
The shows will be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds located at 503 N Jackson Ave, Jefferson, WI 53549, which is just off Hwy 18 in Jefferson. The swap meet and car corral are all three days and the car show is Saturday and Sunday only. The spectator gates for the swap meet and car corral are open Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday 6am-4pm, and Sunday 6am-3pm.
The car show gate opens at 6am on Saturday & Sunday. As with all of the Madison Classics events, all makes and models pre-1976 and specialty vehicles of interest are invited to participate in the car show. The feature vehicles will be on display in the main activity center at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. Be sure to look for a larger display of vehicles in front of the main activity building on Saturday & Sunday morning.
Spectator admission for adults is $8 and children under 12 are free when accompanied with a paying adult. Spectator parking is available for $4, but space is limited so please arrive early. No camping allowed in the parking field. Swap spaces will be available at the gate the weekend of the show and car corral spaces will be available at the Car Corral entrance all weekend. There is an ATM on the grounds as well as concessions serving delicious burgers, brats and hotdogs. No pets, please. For more information, visit www.madisonclassics.com, or call 608.244.8416.
Fri. 10-6, Sat. 6-4, Sun. 6-3
Jefferson – 503 N. Jackson Ave.
April 25-26, 2014 – Diva Days Spring Fling Weekend
Grab your girlfriends and welcome spring by spending the weekend in Cambridge on Friday, April 25th and Saturday, April 26th. Enjoy boutique treats and special deals, spa treatments, glamour shots, raffles and more.
Friday Girls Night Out 4/25 5-8pm
Girl’s Night Out 2014 – To start off your Diva Weekend we are having Cambridge’s first Girls’ Night Out, Friday April 25th from 5-8pm. For just $10, you will receive a gift bag and a map leading you to various hot spots in town offering you gifts, sales and specials galore! Have your map signed at each location to be entered in the drawing for a crisp $100 bill at the Girl’s Night Out After Party at CamRock Cafe. The winner will be drawn at 8:30pm. A portion of the proceeds from the event will be donated to Cambridge Area Resource Team. Purchase your $10 goody bag online, or if you prefer to pay cash, reserve your bag at Premiere Couture, 145 W. Main St
ONLY 75 BAGS WILL BE OFFERED.
Diva Day Saturday 4/26
Welcome spring by spending the day in Cambridge on Saturday, April 26th. Enjoy boutique treats and special deals in our downtown shops, attend a small business expo highlighting home based businesses that cater to women and spa products, along with artists, music, drink specials, raffles and more.
Diva Vendor Fair featuring beauty, fashion and all items loved by divas plus a sangria bar at 210 W. Main Street from 10am to 3pm. There will also be a cooking demo by Chef Gene Gowan of Canella Culinary at 11am (210 W. Main).
What To Wear 2014 -2pm at 143 West Main Street: Learn what to wear to look your best this Spring and Summer. There will be a runway show features fashions from Premiere Couture, The Garment Shop and A Box of Fluffys. There will also be hair and make-up styling tips from Pure Hair Concepts. Admission is $5 and one lucky diva in attendance will win a make over package worth over $300!
Ripley’s Bakery will be providing refreshments. Stop into Premiere Couture to reserve your seat today!
Friday 5pm – 8pm and Saturday 10am – 5pm
Cambridge – downtown
April 26 and May 3 and May 10, 2014 – Document Shred Event
Fort Community Credit Union (FCCU) will be holding three Community Shred Events that will be free and open to the public. The first event will be held at their Jefferson Branch at 100 North Main Street on Saturday, April 26th from 9-11am.
The second will be held at their Main Fort Atkinson Branch located at 800 Madison Avenue on Saturday, May 3rd from 9-11am.
The final Community Shred Event will be held at their Whitewater Branch located at 203 East Milwaukee Street on Saturday, May 10th from 9-11am. Take advantage of this free opportunity to shred your confidential documents to make sure that they don’t end up in the wrong hands.
Fort Community Credit Union – Jefferson, Fort Atkinson and Whitewater
April 29, 2014 – Gift Shop Spring Celebration
Save 20% on everything at our Spring Celebration. See all the bright new decor for your home and garden, fun fashions for yourself and gifts for upcoming events. It’s the perfect time to plan ahead for Mother’s Day, graduation parties, and weddings or just giving yourself and your home a fresh new look!
We’ll be modeling spring scarves, sampling new flavors from Country Home Creations and Wind & Willow, and welcoming some special guests. A representative from Gourmet Abdallah Chocolates will be offering samples and a garden decor specialist will share tips on Fairy Gardens and accessories.
Help Us Help Others
Bring a non-perishable food item or donation for the Fort Atkinson Food Pantry to receive a 20% off coupon that can be used between April 30 and May 31. You can also enter a drawing to win two Friday Night Fish Fry dinners.
Fort Atkinson – The Fireside Dinner Theatre, 1131 Janesville Avenue