August 17, 2017 – Lego City: Community Build
Grab your hard hat and come to the Watertown Public Library ready to build! Imagine having enough Legos to design and build an entire city! Explore architecture, design, and city planning with architect John Peine as you do just that. Each participant creates and adds his/her own building to the city throughout the day. Watch the city grow as the day goes on.
Drop in throughout the program to help us build! No registration required. For all ages – Duplos will be available for the younger set.
Watertown – 100 S. Water Street
August 20, 2017 – Try Cambridge Tri-Triathlon
This sprint-distance triathlon guides participants down the shores of Lake Ripley, along scenic country roads and through beautiful downtown Cambridge. The event will start and end at Ripley Park, an 18-acre, beachfront park complete with restrooms, showers, multiple shelters, disc golf course, playground, and much more! Athletes receive a medal and t-shirt for participation. Awards will be given for first, second, and third place in each race category.
Cambridge – Ripley Park – N4310 Park Road
August 20, 2017 – 31st Annual Tour de Fort Metric Century Bike Ride
Metric Century Course (63 mile) with a Half-Metric Century (36 mile) and Quarter-metric Century (18 mile) options. All on paved, scenic and enjoyable roads.
- General Mass starts at 8:30 a.m. for all biker from Jones Park at the corner of Janesville Ave and Park Street on Fort’s South side. Look for Lions Club Chicken Feed Tent!
- “Breakfast Treats” before you start the ride.
- Rest Stops with refreshments and a lot of good biking food! Please keep in mind that rest stops will have cut-off times.
- Detailed maps and very well-marked routes. You’d have to try real hard to make a wrong turn.
- One ticket to the Lions Club Chicken and Corn Feed. Boy, will all the corn you can eat taste good after all you’ve been biking!
- Great support!
Please Note: Helmets are required. No-Refunds! Ride will be held rain or shine, come “heck” or high water.
Corn and Chicken Dinner includes chicken, rolls & butter, coleslaw, beverage, ice cream, and ALL YOU CAN EAT CORN!
Starts at 8:30am
Fort Atkinson – Jones Park – 615 Janesville Avenue