Through February 22, 2015 – The Sensational 70’s
You’ve loved THOSE FABULOUS 50’S and SOLID GOLD 60’S and now The Fireside brings you a super-charged 70’s show like no other. Neil Diamond; Bruce Springsteen; Stevie Wonder; Queen; Fleetwood Mac; the Bee Gees; Elton John; Aerosmith; Chicago; Donna Summer; Earth, Wind and Fire; James Taylor; Led Zeppelin; Jackson Five; and ABBA are just some of the great artists that will be represented in this explosive musical celebration featuring The Fireside’s Live Band led by the ever popular Steve Watts.
Seven shows weekly Wednesday through Sunday
Fort Atkinson – 1131 Janesville Avenue
February 6, 2015 – Knickerbocker Ice Festival – Team Trivia Contest
The Team Trivia Contest will start at 7pm on Friday, at City Hall (200 Water Street), and continue until approximately 10pm in the Community Center. Teams can have between six and eight players; each player pays $10 to pay. The top-scoring (read: BRAINIEST) team will win $100 and the coveted Brain Trophy. Prize money will also be awarded for the second and third place teams.
More information on the Knickerbocker event can be found here.
Lake Mills – 200 Water Street
February 7, 2015 – Knickerbocker Ice Festival
The annual Knickerbocker Ice Festival in Lake Mills is 10 years strong! What a great event to kick off the winter blues and enjoy the outdoors. Games in the snow, on the lake, in the park. Ice carvers. A chili cook-off. Shake off those winter blues and come to Lake Mills on Saturday, February 7!
Knickerbocker Festival Highlights:
Friday, February 6
- 7pm: Team Trivia at City Hall, sponsored by Eli Wedel Photo & Design, Saga Engineering, and Forest Landscaping & Construction
- 6-8pm – Knickerbocker Candlelight Ski/Snowshoe in Korth Park, sponsored by the Lake Mills Wellness Coalition
Saturday, February 7
- 6am – 5pm: Fisheree – sponsored by Party Mart, Topel’s Towing & Repair, Rock Lake Storage and Sportsman’s Pub
- 9am: Ice Carving – Enjoy ice carving master Dick Emmerich and his band of merry carvers as they create masterpieces out of ice throughout the downtown area. The ice sculptures are sponsored by Calamity Janes, Lewis Station Winery, Countryside Jewelry, Sanft Accounting, R. J. Roots DDS, Ephraim Pottery, Bank of Lake Mills, Dutch Designs, Sportsman’s Pub, TT’s Time Out, CV Hair Company, RE/MAX Community Realty, American Family Insurance, Eli Wedel Photo & Design, Water House Foods, Timber Creek Pizza, and Jefferson Veterinary Clinic.
- 9am – 5k Run/Walk – register at 8:30 in Commons Park, East Lake Street side
- 9:30am – 12:30pm: Rock Lake Under Ice – sponsored by the Rock Lake Improvement Association. Ice safety demos on the ice at Bartel’s Beach. Put on a dry suit (provided), and learn how to get out of the water from a trained safety diver. Learn about snowmobile and ATV safety from the DNR wardens. View the Fire Department’s air boat used for ice rescues.
- 10am: Iceberg Open Golf – sponsored by Lakeland Cold Storage and TT’s Timeout. Registration begins at 8am at TT’s Timeout – t-times at 8:30am, 10am and 11:30am.
- 10am: Royal Coronation – sponsored by TT’s Timeout
- 11am – 1pm: Outdoor Park Activities in Commons Park – sponsored by the Lake Mills Wellness Coalition, Ace Hardware, St. Vincent DePaul’s, Rock-n-Hands Massage Therapy, Journey of Life Wellness Studio, CamRock Sport and CAFE, Fort HealthCare and Recover Your Health LLC.
- 11am – 1pm: Ice Skating Party – sponsored by the Lake Mills Optimist Club
- 1pm: Family Games in the Park – sponsored by Dutch Designs and the Lake Mills Veterinary Clinic
- 1pm – 3pm: Fire & Ice Chili Cook-off – sponsored by Carp’s Landing
- 50/50 Raffle Drawing: winner to be announced on Facebook after 7pm
Lake Mills – downtown and on Rock Lake
February 7, 2015 – Hoops for Hope 2015
Hoops for Hope is an all-day event benefiting the School District of Jefferson and Tomorrow’s Hope; a local non-profit that supports those touched by Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and other life-limiting illnesses…however an illness touches their lives. Join us to celebrate and support our students as they play with passion and purpose!
To start off the day, there will be a boys and girls 3rd grade basketball tournament from 9 am to 3 pm. The tournament will feature a free open swim and photo opportunities with local mascots along with Hoops for Hope t-shirt sales.
Following the 3rd grade basketball tournament, the Jefferson Eagles will take on the Lakeside Lutheran Warriors in a girls basketball match-up. The Freshmen and JV games will start at 5:40 pm. The Varsity game will follow at 7:15 pm. Throughout the games, there will be skills demonstrations and scrimmages from the girls youth basketball program. The varsity game will feature contests like a free throw competition, a 3 point contest and “Dress like an Eagle.”
Hoops for Hope is sure to be fun for the whole family. Come out on Saturday February 7th to see for yourself!
9am – 9pm
Jefferson – 700 W. Milwaukee Street
February 7, 2015 – Aladdin – Missoula Children’s Theatre
For Aladdin, it’s not easy to find a magic lamp, but it’s even harder to get a date! It’s a swirling sandstorm of famous Arabian Tales from Ali Baba to Scheherazade and even Sinbad the Sailor as Aladdin journeys to find a magic lamp in a Cave of (not-so-great) Wonders. Along his way, Aladdin seeks answers and advice from wise Genies, a powerful Sultan, and even his own Mother to find a way to meet the Princess. However, even with the lamp in hand, Aladdin will have to learn that it takes more than a wish to make a good impression. Missoula Children’s Theatre will audition, cast, rehearse with, and perform this original musical featuring 50-60 local K-12 youth.
Whitewater – Young Auditorium – 930 West Main Street
Box Office: 262-472-2222