October 20, 2017 – Girls Night Out
Grab your girlfriends and spend a fun night out at Cambridge Girl’s Night Out. Pre-sale of your $15 goody bags while supplies last and you’ll receive a gift bag and a map leading them to various hot spots in town offering you gifts, sales and specials galore! Have your map signed at each location to be entered in the drawing for a crisp $100 bill plus other great prizes at the Girl’s Night Out After Party. A portion of the proceeds from the event will be donated to a local community group. Gift Bag purchases subject to availability.
You don’t need to purchase a bag to come out and have fun at Girls Night Out, though. Just get your map to hit the shops offering fabulous specials, drawings, tastings, demos and much more! Then join us for the After Party at one of the local establishments.
Friday 5pm – 9pm
Cambridge – Cambridge Chamber of Commerce – Downtown Cambridge
October 20-22, 2017 – Harry Potter Festival
Ready your wands, cloaks, and brooms and get ready for a magical weekend you’ll never forget! The 3rd Annual Harry Potter Festival brings the magic to Jefferson, Wisconsin for 2017 for an even bigger and better festival with all of your favorite activities and vendors plus a whole range of new experiences for Potter fans of all ages!
Friday, Oct 20
- Lighted Festival Parade We’ll kick off our festival Friday evening with a parade through town for everyone to enjoy, whether you have a wristband or not. 6:30pm
- Concert in Rotary Park 8-11pm
Sat & Sun, Oct 21-22, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Serpent’s Corn Maze Walk through the long-dead remnants of a massive serpent set in our 5 acre corn field. Will you find a way out? Takes approximately 45 minutes. Wristband required.
- Dragon’s Alley Shop, eat and peruse the goods at this riverfront location. Wristband required.
- Festival Village Explore and shop at our indoor village filled with rare finds and exciting activities. Wristband required.
- Lego Display at the Owl Post You’ll be amazed to see your favorite scenes from the books and movies faithfully recreated in Lego form. See how many characters you can identify! Wristband required.
- Live Wizard’s Chess at Riverfront Park Come just to watch or maybe even participate in a life-sized game of chess. While you’re there, shop at the many vendors surrounding the board! Wristband required.
- Mandrake Greenhouse Our greenhouse will be filled with all manner of magical plants. Stop here to watch a show and learn all about them! Wristband required.
- Owl Post Hosted by the Audubon Society. Come and see the owls! Get your personalized acceptance letter and other documents. Wristband required. Extra fee required for purchases.
- Quidditch Tournament You’ll be thrilled as you watch college Quidditch teams from across the country play in one of our newest, fastest-growing sports in the world! Tensfeldt Park. Wristband required.
- Serpent’s Alley Need more shopping? Of course you do! Come by Serpent’s Alley to Find all the treasures you want. Old Firehouse Alley. Wristband required.
- Sorting Hat Experience Put the Sorting Hat on your head and find out which House you belong to! Wristband required. Hosted by the Masonic Temple at Jefferson County Lodge #9
- The Lost Tunnel Explore the hidden part of the Muggle village but don’t let the dragon get too close! Also be sure to shop for costumes! Wristband required. Hosted by the FCCU Building
- Wizard’s Prison at Riverfront Park The dementors keep the prisoners contained, but be careful that you don’t also get dragged inside! Wristband required.
Additional Charge May Be Required
- Character Meals Dine and hobnob with your favorite professors and students. There is an additional cost and is not included with the wristband.
- Drive-In Movies Hosted by the Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre and the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce. There is an additional cost and is not included with the wristband.
Friday, Oct 20, 8:30pm: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
Sat, Oct 21, 6:30pm: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Sat, Oct 21, 9:15pm: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter Themed Artrageous Hosted by the Council for the Performing Arts., this one-of-a-kind interactive performance incorporates live art, music, dance, life sized puppetry, and audience participation all tied to Harry Potter! There is an additional cost and is not included with the wristband. Sat, Oct 21, 7pm.
- Helicopter Rides Sat & Sun, Oct 21-22, 8am-4pm
Friday-6:30pm parade, Saturday and Sunday 8am-4pm
Jefferson – all throughout the community – wristband needed to get to each event
October 20-21, 2017 – Haumerson’s Pond Haunted Hike
For a scary good time, take an evening stroll on a haunted candlelit trail in the woods. Activities include ghost stories and kids crafts. Free and open to the public.
Fort Atkinson – Bark River Park – S. Fourth Street East
Joel Van Haaften 920-728-5635
October 20, 2017 – Art on Main Banner Auction
Art on Main is a unique outdoor art exhibit created to celebrate the talent of local artists as well as to beautify our downtown during the summer months.
The original artwork will be sold at auction at Lyons Irish Pub in historic downtown Watertown. This year there are a total of 40 individual banners. Proceeds will benefit downtown beautification projects.
5:30pm – 7:30pm
Watertown – 201 E. Main Street
October 21, 2017 – Historical Bicycle Tour of Fort Atkinson
This one-hour gentle bike ride will feature a variety of historic locations in Fort Atkinson and will be led by Merrilee Lee, Hoard Museum Director. Bikers should meet at the Fort Farmer’s Market sidewalk at the intersection of Milwaukee and Merchants Avenue. Registration is requested.
Fort Atkinson – East Milwaukee Avenue
October 21, 2017 – Lite Nite Hike
Enjoy a Lite Nite Hike and take a stroll in the freaky forest.
Location: Brandt/Quirk Park, near the baseball fields
- Time: walk opens 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- Age: walk is suitable for ALL ages, Freaky Forest is 12 years and up only.
- Cost: $3 children, $5 for adults and anyone going through freaky forest: fee includes access to trails, live music on trails, some treats for the kids.
- Available for purchase: Glow in the Dark Tshirts ($12); Smores on the REAL bonfire ($1 each); Concessions (chili, hot dogs, popcorn, hot beverages & water).
Watertown – Brandt Quirk Park